No products in the cart.
If you’re a working adult, chances are you’ve thought about packing lunches, not just for your kids, but for you too. Sure, going out to eat is a nice, fun treat every now and again, but going out too often has its drawbacks. Not only does it take time away from work, but leaving your office midday can also get you mired in a traffic jam one extra time during the day. It also ends up costing an arm and a leg when you add up each lunch bill. Plus, not too many eating establishments are hailed for their healthy rating; fruits and vegetables are often either left out or covered in butter or sugar.
Of course, on the other hand, it can be difficult to put together lunch meals every day, let alone come up with ideas of what to make. That’s why today, I’m sharing with you my personal mason jar salad recipe. There’s no better way to know what’s in your food than by preparing it yourself.
Note: This salad is rather large! (I tend to like to eat later and eat bigger lunches.)
Balsamic Chicken Mason Jar Salad
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1/3 of a cucumber, chopped
- 7 baby carrots, chopped
- 1/2 of a small avocado, pitted and chopped
- 3 balsamic chicken strips, chopped (recipe below)
- 1/8 cup Craisins
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
Combine all ingredients in a quart mason jar. Serve with your favorite dressing. (I suggest Brianna’s Poppy Seed Dressing.)
Balsamic Chicken Tenders
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- With the exception of 1 tablespoon olive oil, add all ingredients to a gallon ziplock bag.
- Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook chicken strips covered for about 12 minutes, or until cooked through.
Don’t have enough time to buy and prep healthy, veggie- and fruit-filled meals? Try Activz Complete. Each scoop of this supplement powder is made from 9 servings of fruits and veggies and gives you 100% daily value of more than a dozen vitamins and minerals (plus antioxidants and probiotics), straight from whole-food sources. Even if you can’t make healthy meals yourself, your body and well-being shouldn’t have to suffer. Using Activz Complete is so easy. Simply mix with milk or juice or blend in a smoothie and drink up! Your body will thank you.