No products in the cart.
Wheatgrass is a powerful superfood† — but usually very expensive. Activz Wheatgrass Juice Powder, compared to homemade organic wheatgrass juice and the ever-popular wheatgrass shot, is not only extremely affordable but also highly convenient.
What is Activz Wheatgrass Juice Powder?
Organic, non-GMO wheatgrass juice in powder form. Plain and simple.
Just as nutrient-rich in powder form
- Activz Wheatgrass Juice Powder has all the nutrition of wheatgrass that’s been freshly juiced and powdered within hours of harvest.
- Naturally occurring enzymes help boost energy levels.
- The antioxidant vitamins C and K help support detoxification, free radical absorption and wound healing.†
Affordable and cost-efficient
- An organic wheatgrass shot at a juice bar costs anywhere from $1-3 per ounce.
- Whole, organic wheatgrass (pre-juiced) usually costs at least $10 per pound.
- A family size canister of Activz Wheatgrass Juice Powder comes in at $0.52 per 1-ounce shot of fresh, organic wheatgrass juice — and $3.50 per pound of whole, organic wheatgrass (pre-juiced).
Convenient and easy to use
- Fresh wheatgrass spoils within two days — and that’s with refrigeration. Activz Wheatgrass Juice Powder can last for several years (much longer than most people need it to last) and doesn’t need to be refrigerated. It has no preservatives, either.
- There’s no unwieldy juicer or time-consuming cleanup with Activz Wheatgrass Juice Powder. Just scoop and stir.
How Activz keeps the nutrients
- We start with some of the most nutrient-rich wheatgrass you’ll ever find. Our wheatgrass is grown in Utah on the soil of an ancient seabed, where layers and layers of fertile silt have nurtured the ground for millennia.
- We harvest in a tight window just before the wheatgrass enters the jointing stage. This practice ensures you get the highest nutrient levels possible.
- We juice and then powder the fresh wheatgrass within hours of harvest. Our gentle dehydration method never rises above the safe temperature of 108° F, and in fact, for most of the cycle, it’s operating at body temperature (98° F). That’s well within the low temperature range needed for enzymes and other heat-sensitive nutrients to survive.
Why jointing matters
Jointing is when wheatgrass blades become taller and coarser, forming the thick stems of what will become full-on wheat stalks. Nutrient quantity nosedives once jointing begins, but many wheatgrass suppliers choose to let wheatgrass grow well into this stage before harvesting. More height means more volume, and more volume means more profit.
At Activz, we’re unique in our choice to prioritize nutrient quality over volume. We wait for the wheatgrass to reach peak nutrition, and at the last minute, we cut the blades 3-4 inches above ground to make sure that only fresh grass (no debris) is powdered and packaged. This is a tight timeframe with little margin for error, but it produces the highest-quality wheatgrass available.
How to use Activz Wheatgrass Juice Powder
- Reconstitute into a 1-ounce shot to take after exercise or when you want an energy or antioxidant boost.
- Mix 1 serving into 8 fluid ounces orange or grapefruit juice. The heavy wheatgrass flavor vanishes, and all you can taste is citrus — really. Go ahead, try it.
- Add to smoothies (sparingly, if you are not a fan of the taste).
- Mix into the foods you’re already eating to instantly boost their nutrition value (it’s more intuitive than you think). Besides orange juice, our customers’ three favorite wheatgrass mix-ins are MARINARA SAUCE, APPLE JUICE and TOMATO JUICE.
- Still lost? Check out our how-to guide, Activz Additions, or find wheatgrass powder recipes developed in the Activz test kitchen.
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
NO ADDED COLORS, FLAVORS, NUTRIENTS OR PRESERVATIVES
NO ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS
66 servings per standard size container.
1 serving (1 rounded teaspoon) = 1 fl. oz. fresh wheatgrass juice.
Also available in a standard size canister.
Disclaimer: Due to high demand this product will ship in 2-3 weeks. We appreciate your patience.